Despite not being an avid passionate user at the moment, I am a user of Evernote. At the moment I have 7 notebooks set up in my basic account and wanted to list them and their purpose. Hopefully you readers are fans as well and use Evernote and could contribute some ideas to improve my workflow with Evernote. I keep my notebook count fairly limited and organize individual notes better via Evernote’s tagging system.
- Inbox: Default place for new notes that need to be sorted.
- Code Snippets & Webdev notes: code/markup/css that I want to save for later use and also any ideas I have for web development related ideas.
- Michael’s Ideas: non-web development ideas
- Michael’s ToDo: an attempt to keep important tasks in the forefront of my mind.
- Other: doesn’t fit elsewhere
- Sioux Falls Stuff: notes related to where I live. Currently holds hours of operation for my favorite coffee spots and public transport schedules.
- WebDevStudios: notes related to my dayjob and the work I do for them.
I frequently have web development on my mind, which is understandable since it’s the career I chose. That notebook is the most full with some 46 notes in it. I haven’t reached any limits that would prompt me to upgrade to a pro account, but we’ll see as time goes on.
Any thoughts or ideas to help improve my experience or use?